Why am I doing this? Because there’s stuff that I’ve forgotten! This is a fun excuse to think back to “that was then.” (And it’s a great excuse for a blog post during a 31-day blogathon!)
- Pearl Jam and Queen were both popular bands (I didn’t discover Queen until 1994, and I never discovered Pearl Jam or the band Nirvana for that matter, in spite of living in Seattle, Grunge capital of the world!)
- Popular movies were Sleeping with the Enemy (still makes me shiver), Father of the Bride and Silence of the Lambs (eeeeeeeeewwww)
- MSDos5 came into the world, thanks to Microsoft
- Nelson Mandela was released in 1990 and by 1991 the dismantling of apartheid had begun
- Internet was made available to unrestricted use and the number of computers on the net reaches 1 million (do they even count how many computers there are today? That seems impossible!)
What do you recall from 1991?