Why am I doing this? Because there’s stuff that I’ve forgotten! This is a fun excuse to think back to “that was then.” (And it’s a great excuse for a blog post during a 31-day blogathon!)
More than the flashbacks from 1981 and 1991, looking at this list of things that happened in 2001 is surprising.
Where did ten years go?
- Terrorists crashed airplanes into the World Trade Center in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.
- First Apple Store opened and Apple launched the iPod
- Enron filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- One of the top music hits (that I actually know and liked) was “Thank You” by Dido
- The movie Shrek was in theaters (in 1991 I could have cared less about this movie; since then, thanks to having kids, I’ve realized that these are fun movies)
- I married my sweet husband
So, what do you think? Have ten years really gone by? What do you recall from 2001?