I’m grateful to accept The Versatile Blogger award given to Motherlogue by Tia at Depression Cookies. Tia is one of those e-friends I made through the WordCount blogathon and felt an instant connection. It means a lot that you selected my blog for this award, Tia, thank you!
The Rules of accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs (contact them to let them know).
So, I am a fan of thanking others in person, of sending notes, and giving words of encouragement to others. When it comes to seven things about myself — what do I say? Well, read on.
1. I recently – 2 months ago – went gluten free. It made a huge difference in my life. My stomach issues have decreased dramatically, I have more energy and initially I lost some weight. Then, about two weeks ago, I decided to have a hamburger. And a bun. Not a good move. Fast forward four days post burger and BAM! I hit the wall. Aches. Fever. And then leg cramps. After one week, I am finally feeling better again. Now I’m wondering if I’ve created more of a problem with this stomach solution?
2. I love to tell stories and make people laugh.
3. I was voted most humorous in my high school graduating class. At the time I kind of wished I was voted best dressed (ha!) or best couple (ha! needed a boyfriend for that one) or even most likely to succeed. Now my “most humorous title” is one of the things that makes me smile. I bet Tina Fey was voted most humorous, too. That’s why I need to get on her calendar.
4. I am an only child.
5. I begin a six-month, unpaid sabbatical from my day job on 10/3/11.
6. I can order a pizza, over the phone, in Japanese.
7. Over my desk I have wooden figure that reminds me each and every day, “Tell your story.” And that’s what I intend to do.
And now for 15 great blogs (in no particular order) that I follow and hope you’ll take a moment to check out, too:
- Dollars and Deadlines
- The Renegade Writer
- Imp3rfect Mom
- AKA Writer
- Writers Inspired
- Lisa Romeo Writes
- LiteraryMama Blog
- Memoir, Writing & Life
- Plum Yummy
- Tea and Cookies
- Remains of the Day
- Depression Cookies