As I mentioned in this post, and this post, I am posting great things about the past year. Today the list continues with these final 20 additions (11 + 10 + 20 = 41):
- Watching both of our boys become better swimmers.
- Hearing the bell as our older son rang it at the top of the climbing wall on his birthday. And then hearing the next bell, and the next bell as he continued to scramble up every side of the wall.
- Listening to our younger son talk about the first friend he made at school.
- Finding some great blogs about minimalist living.
- Having a snow week at home in January.
- Laughing my way through many episodes of Modern Family.
- Reading The Hunger Games trilogy.
- Feeling inspired by the artwork of Kelly Rae Roberts.
- Negotiating on a daily basis with a four-year-old boy. (Okay some of those negotiations don’t feel great at the time…but it does mean he’s learning to think for himself, right?)
- Seeking to learn more about the life of boys.
- Practicing a nightly gratitude ritual before I go to sleep every night.
- Connecting with far-away friends on Facebook.
- Embracing that my husband and I are the experts on our kids.
- Blending two passions: teaching and writing at the Parks & Rec.
- Admitting there are only so many hours in a day.
- Introducing the boys to the groovy tunes of Michael Jackson.
- Going to a Fitz and The Tantrums / Hall & Oates concert as a family.
- Getting myself onto the roller rink at school skate night.
- Staying on my feet at school skate night.
- Feeling blessed to have another healthy year of life to celebrate.
This entry was posted in 2012 Blogathon
. Bookmark the permalink