Today my inbox delivered a message from life coach Anna Kunnecke. Not sure how you pronounce her name, but somehow I found Anna’s blog several months ago. Periodically I get newsletters about what’s new in her world.
Today’s message came to me at the perfect time. We are heading into a new phase in our family. One which will involve a tighter budget but will also produce, I believe, more space for joy and more room for calm. Anna’s message about being “rrrrrich” rather than rich resonated with me. She’s got a cool video here. And if you’re quick, you can sign up to get a magnet from her as a reminder.
In honor of thinking about those ways that I (a member of the 99%) am rich, here are five simple, yet wonderful things, that make me feel rrrrrrich:
- A bath tub, in my house, that I can fill with hot, hot water and in which I can soak
- A local farmer’s market (opening Saturday!)…where I can buy fresh produce for my family
- A computer through which I can communicate around the world
- A bike for each of my boys to ride
- A wealth of friendships near and far that keep me laughing and sane
Anna is so right: I am rich, rich, rich.